Our vision is to pursue first and foremost an intimate relationship with God and to raise up a church with a contemporary approach to worship and praise. We are a body of believers ready to minister to the hurting, the unsaved, and the poor. We aim to bring unity to the Body of Christ, rejoicing with others as they are divinely blessed. We have a vision to reach our community through God's divine instruction.
Early in 2000, God gave Drs. Mike and June Fowler a vision, to start a church in Buford, GA. For 4 years, God impressed upon the pastors that there was a need to pray; so the Church prayed. In October 2004, we held the grand opening of our first facility. Word of Faith is truly a church birthed in prayer!
Today, because of prayer, we are able to support missionaries in Honduras and El Salvador and have sent missionaries to Ghana, Honduras, El Salvador, and West Virginia. We are helping the needy in our community through the 12 Baskets Food Ministry. It is evident that prayer works, and God has His hand on Word of Faith. There is much in store for Word of Faith for the future, and our history continues to unfold every day!
- Salvation comes through confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (Acts 4:12; Romans 10:9-10; John 14:6)
- There is only one living and true God. There are three persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:2, 27; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7)
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20, 21)
- We believe Jesus Christ, conceived of the Virgin Mary, is the only begotten Son of the Father. Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. (Luke 1:26-33; Hebrews 7:25)
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in other tongues, as the Spirit gives the utterance, to be the initial evidence of this experience. We believe in the operation of the nine Gifts of the Spirit and encourage our people to live so that these gifts may be manifest in their lives. (Acts 2:4; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 19:6; I Corinthians 12:4-11)
- We believe in the freedom of worship with every form of expression being done in decency and in order, not drawing attention to oneself. We define order in our services as following the anointing of the Holy Spirit through the pastoral leadership on the stage. (1 Corinthians 14:33, 40)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 3:11; Matthew 28:18-19; John 14:6)
- We believe in divine healing for the body. However, we encourage and do not condemn medical science. (Acts 3:2-12; Acts 5:15, 16; James 5:14-15)
- We believe in the Second Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:10, 11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 1:7)